In April, several "New 52" series will be cancelled. Those titles are:
2. O.M.A.C. (Yay! Didio isn't writing an ongoing comic any more!)
3. HAWK AND DOVE
4. MEN OF WAR
5. MISTER TERRIFIC
6. STATIC SHOCK
These series are replaced by six "new" ongoing series, keeping the number at an equal 52. Most of these new series are actually pretty cool.
1. BATMAN INCORPORATED-Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham "The acclaimed ongoing writer of ACTION COMICS, Grant Morrison, presents a fresh take on BATMAN INCORPORATED, in which the Batman brand is franchised globally in preparation for a major international threat."
2. EARTH-2-James Robinson and Nicola Scott "The greatest heroes on a parallel Earth, the Justice Society combats threats that will set them on a collision course with other worlds."
3. WORLDS' FINEST-Paul Levitz w/ rotating story arcs for art by George Perez and Kevin Maguire "Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs."
4. THE RAVAGERS-Howard Mackie & Ian Churchill "Spinning off from TEEN TITANS and SUPERBOY, this series finds four superpowered teens on the run and fighting against the organization that wants to turn them into supervillains."
5. DIAL H (FOR HERO)-China Mieville & Mateus Santoluoco "The first ongoing series from acclaimed novelist China Miéville, this is a bold new take on a cult classic concept about the psychological effects on an everyman who accidentally gains powers to become a hero."
6. G.I. COMBAT-J.T. Krul & Ariel Olivetti "Featuring the return of a classic DC Comics series, THE WAR THAT TIME FORGOT, along with rotating back-up stories and creative teams - including THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER, with writers Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Dan Panosian; and THE HAUNTED TANK, with writer John Arcudi and artist Scott Kolins."
So here are my thoughts on each series:
I feel like this could be better than the series was before the relaunch. I know that most of my blogger buddies don't like Grant Morrison, but I've been okay with his work on Action Comics, and I like some of his other work with Batman so, depending on the ratings of the first issue or two, I might pick it up.
I've been wanting this series for MONTHS now. This series has so much potential, it's scary. I just hope that Robinson doesn't run it into the ground like he did with the Justice League during his run. But Nicola Scott has amazing skills, James Robinson has HAD a good story or two in the past, and maybe this is our chance to see Wally West, Ray Palmer (as the Atom), Donna Troy, and the other characters we've all been hoping to see! But this series should be good...as long as Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, and Ted Grant are there. I can't wait!
Power Girl. Paul Levitz. George Perez. That is all you have to say, and I am on board.
I feel like this series is going to star characters who, in the old Universe, were teenage heroes that were on Teen Titans at one time or another. Since its supposed to be six...I could see it being something like Static, Miss Martian, Ravager, (who leads the team), uhhhh maybe Beast Boy could fit in here? But yeah, I'm almost certain it'll be those first three at least. I'm 100% certain that Ravager will star and probably lead the team. I'm sure Red Robin and the rest of the TT will be in the series at one point or another.
Not interested...at ALL.
Ugh. A war story, to replace two war stories. YAY! ...not.
Well there you have it. My thoughts on the Second Wave of the New 52. 2 (or potentially 4) of the 6 new series look good. I'll take that. I'm pretty excited for May (when these new series come out)! See you later, readers.