Hey, folks. So I know everyone is talking about all the "Avengers vs. X-Men" stuff and the whole "Phoenix Five" thing, but I'm not really interested. I'll keep up on the plotline without paying $3.99 every two weeks, thank you. But what I am interested in, is keeping up with what is going on over in Teen Titans. And this issue happens to lead into what happens in #10 of Teen Titans apparently so I figured "Eh, why not." So while that doesn't seem very hopeful or optimistic about this issue... I'm actually looking forward to it. Haha. So without further adieu...
|Superboy #10 cover by Scott Clark|
Written by: Scott Lobdell
Guest-Art by: Sebastian Fiumara
- Superboy and Wonder Girl wake up together on the beaches of Mystery Island
- WG is still pissed at SB about how he kicked her ass in Teen Titans #4 and 5
- SB basically summarizes everything that the Titans have done for him thusfar in his own personal thoughts
- He and WG begin fighting about how the Titans gave everything to find and save SB from N.O.W.H.E.R.E.
- Then...a T. Rex comes and chomps down on SB
- WG kicks the dino's ass halfway across the island until they both manage to take out the raging beast
- Later, at night, WG is bathing and SB "just so happens" to walk up
- Umm...Superboy does some perverted things in this scene, just saying
- Later that night, Cassie and Kon-El have some bonding time sitting around a fire
- Kon-El (can he finally call himself "Conner" now?) learns how good food can be
- He asks Cassie about her powers and such and she flies off and gets all pissy with him
- He goes and calms her down and they almost kiss, but she punches him away (HA!)
- Then they realize the dino (who they tied up, I guess?) disappeared
- They walk down a little trap door's stairwell until they pop out on the other side, upside down, with a dinosaur about to chomp their heads off
I don't know. I don't think this issue was all that awful. But I think the dialogue was kind of poor. I don't think teenagers talk that way. I mean... I'm a teenager. I would know. And also the bit about Superboy using his tactile telekinesis to take a peek at Cassie was extremely awkward, but I guess a real guy would do something like that... But besides that, I liked this issue. I thought it was amusing but serious at the same time. So it worked. I give it a 8/10.
|On the next page she punches him. That was hilarious. Hahaha.|