My Hopes for Earth-Two (and Worlds’ Finest)
1. Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Al Pratt, & Ted Grant-(3/4) CONFIRMED!
The main heroes of Earth-Two have always been the Golden Age heroes known as the Flash, Green Lantern, the Atom, and Wildcat respectively. They have been mentors to almost every single hero in the DCU Universe. Well…before the New 52. I have realized that all of them will be new(er) heroes when the series starts, but I hope that maybe that can be as inspiring as they were pre-Relaunch.
2. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman aren’t the “stars of the show”-UNCONFIRMED
The only previews from the new series show Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman fighting off hordes of para-demons. Which is a shame. I don’t care if they run the series at the beginning, but hopefully they will hand it over to Jay, Alan, etc. While I’m really interested in knowing their backstories and how they became who they are, I am not so interested that I would want to read it month after month for a long time. DC could accomplish the same thing (and please more fans) by creating a “Trinity” series instead.
3. The Quality Stays Consistent-CONFIRMED! For the first 3 issues…
James Robinson and Paul Levitz are both very good writers and this series promises not only good, strong writing, but humorous and human writing as well. On the art side of the books, we see Nicola Scott, George Perez, and Kevin Maguire on art duties for the books. Nicola Scott’s art reminds me of Ivan Reis’ art a lot and he happens to be putting out the best New 52 artwork right now. Hopefully she can keep up with him. George Perez & Kevin Maguire are doing the art for Worlds’ Finest and I can’t wait to see it. They’re both industry legends, and I can’t wait for it.
4. Familiar Faces-UNCONFIRMED
Thus far, we’ve seen Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash (Jay Garrick, not Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Alan Scott, not Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, or Kyle Rayner), Supergirl (later Power Girl), and Robin (later Huntress). But we haven’t seen designs for characters like Al Pratt (a.k.a. Atom) or Ted Grant (a.k.a. Wildcat) who have been claimed to be in the series but no signs have been shown. At least until we crack open the first few issues of Earth-Two. It'd be nice to see other characters appear like Stargirl, Atom Smasher, Damage, etc. As for Worlds’ Finest, we don’t know if the two girls will be introduced to other heroes from the New 52 Earth or not. I sure hope we are. I would love to see the two girls fight alongside the JLI (or just Booster Gold), New 52-Batman, etc. Plus if there are any Crisis’ while the girls are around, they will surely be involved.
· Superman -CONFIRMED by image
· Batman-CONFIRMED by image
· Wonder Woman-CONFIRMED by image
· Supergirl/Power Girl-CONFIRMED by image
· Robin/Huntress-CONFIRMED by image
· The Flash (Jay Garrick)-CONFIRMED by image
· Green Lantern (Alan Scott)-CONFIRMED by image
· Al Pratt (The Atom?)-CONFIRMED by James Robinson
· Wally West-UNCONFIRMED
· Wildcat (Ted Grant)-UNCONFIRMED
· Red Tornado-UNCONFIRMED
· Black Lightning-UNCONFIRMED
· Lightning (Black Lightning’s daughter)-UNCONFIRMED
Well there are more I'd love to see, but I don't feel like listing them. So I'll post the preview and I'll see you all tomorrow with some reviews!!